Christopher D. CravensMember
CHRISTOPHER D. CRAVENS ATTORNEY AT LAW
Burrow & Cravens, P.C.: January 2002 – Present
Practice involves professional licensing and construction related negotiation, mediation, arbitration, litigation, and counseling, representing contractors, utility contractors, subcontractors, architects, engineers, land surveyors, and school systems.
Lewis, King, Krieg & Waldrop, P.C., Nashville, 1999 – 2002
Senior associate in firm’s construction law practice group, representing contractors, utility contractors, subcontractors, architects, engineers, land surveyors, and school systems.
State of Tennessee, Department of Commerce and Insurance, Division of Regulatory Boards, Nashville, 1994 – 1999
General counsel to Tennessee Board for Licensing Contractors, Tennessee Board of Examiners for Land Surveyors, and Blasting Division of the Tennessee State Fire Marshal. Prosecuted contested case hearings involving license revocations, suspensions and denials; conducted rule-making hearings; drafted and tracked legislation involving agencies.
U.S. Department of Energy, Oak Ridge, 1990 – 1994
In-house attorney, involved in all areas of regulatory compliance related to hazardous waste clean-up, removal and remediation.
- Member, Nashville Bar Association, Tennessee Bar Association and American Bar Association
- Member, Construction Industry Forum of American Bar Association
- Member, Tennessee Association of Professional Surveyors
- Founding Member, Tennessee Association of Construction Counsel
- Bachelor of Science, Middle Tennessee State University, Murfreesboro, 1988
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, 1991